Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Themes Class Project + Abstract Painting

First, here are some pictures from my final project in my Art Themes class I took this quarter. After that I posted some images of an abstract painting that I have been working on in my Intermediate Painting class.


 So this image is actually life sized. She's about 5 feet 5inch tall and is colored in watercolor. The picture is really washed out which makes it hard ti see everything that is going on. I should take close up shots of the different panels.

Anyways, I also want to go over it again and add more shadows and color. At first I thought I wanted to do a light wash of color, but now looking at it I think I need a little more. I will say, that I think it looks better in person.
Here is the abstract painting I have been working on in my Intermediate Painting class. I'm actually really proud of how it came out. At first I was a little unsure, but now I rather enjoy it. The 3 squares are done in a Jackson Pollock sort of way.

It's a pretty big painting in person. Also, the colors are a little off in this picture.

This quarter I have felt pretty good about the art I make. It's a nice feeling. Everything just seemed to slightly work out better this quarter.

I definitely want to keep drawing and painting. Especially in the themes I discovered this quarter,

No comments:

Post a Comment