Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dry-Point Print

Here are some pictures from my latest print assignment. I did this woman in dry-point. She is "made of" and surrounded by a bunch of animals and organic material.

 This first one printed so light is was almost unseeable, but then I went over it completely in pen and ink to make it darker.
 This one printed super light.
 This one has really essay sides.
This one double printed so it looks like it jumps off the paper and bugs your eyes out. Because of that I decided to start futzing around with water color. It's still rather messy and quick.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Final Prints + Final Painting

Here are my final prints for my print class as well as my final painting in my painting class. Overall I'm happy with how everything turned out. But, I wouldn't mind trying new color combos in the future. For all of these the colors look a bit better in person.

 Here are my 11 best prints together.
 Close ups of the orange.

 Close ups of more plain orange.


Close ups of just black.




















This is my atempt to use ink wash on one of the plain orange prints to get a slight blue watery looking background. It looks better in person. I might try to experiment more with blue ink wash and maybe even blue pen and ink. Draw on the prints to give it a watery looking pattern or something. I don't know.







Here is my final painting. In this picture you can see it next to the picture I was referencing. I decided not to do all the stars and instead tried to make it look as if they are coming from her mouth. I hope it looks like that. I might later go back and slightly rework the stars. 

Overall though I'm really happy with how it turned out considering that my last major painting wasn't anywhere near this good haha.

I want to keep working with paints.