Monday, January 26, 2015

Themes Art Class Assignments

Here are two assigments that were due today in my Themes art class.


We were given 3 prompts to choose from and I picked the one "A drawing of your bike or car."
 Believe it or not but this is representative of my car. My car is a Hyundai Tiburon, which means "shark" in Spanish. So, I drew a mechanical shark surrounded by generic/stereotypical Latin culture party decorations etc. I also wrote Bruce on his side because that is the name of my car. (I got it from the shark in Finding Nemo named Bruce, who was named after the mechanical shark in Jaws. So it's pretty deep haha).

This was my piece for our main project. I did it in pen and ink. It's a drawing of the Hercules monument in Kassel, Germany (where my grandmother was born and raised).

Over all I guess I'm okay with it, but at the same time I have major issues with it. *sigh* Oh well, I guess I'm still learning/getting better haha. The lettering was done on an old style printing press.

No comments:

Post a Comment