Monday, June 16, 2014

A Wrapping Together

      So in consideration with my class from this last quarter, this will be my final post that is directly connected to it. Although I plan to further posting on my own behalf when I have the time. I'd first like to start off saying that this class was interesting to say the least and that I believe I will never take a class like it again in college. It made me think about my life, plans, goals, and journey. I wanted to in this last post try to connect all the things together that I feel is important.
      I for one think that we need to focus on trying to make our society better for future generations I'm not sure exactly what that would entail, but I think that it needs to be long lasting and beneficial to society in the long run not just in a capitalistic short term gain.


 This may not be the answer to that statement/question of "how can I improve my surroundings," but I do think that it is a step in the right direction. I think we need to be thinking about the future and how we can make it better. Like  I said this may not be 100% what we need, but I still appreciate the effort to try and think about our future as precious and worth preserving.
     Another thing that I think should be dealt with is the need for more human interaction on a personal and face-to-face level. Like I learned in this class the whole is only as great as the sum of its parts. We can create better things when we work together than when we choose to work alone. Collaboration breeds ingenuity and creativity. It also allows for a much more impressive and greater outcome, because there are things in this world that can only be achieved through the joint effort of many people. This is on a much smaller scale, but I think Coke has the right idea of trying to bring people together to create something bigger and more beautiful.


    Also, on another related note. I think this man beautifully conveys the idea of interpersonal relationships and how important they are. We need to stay connected with our surrounds in order that we can stay connected with ourselves and our lives. We need to use technology for it's good, but not fall into the pitfalls of all the bad that can come from it as well. We need to use it to better ourselves, but make sure that in the process we don't lose ourselves.

 

        There is so much more I could talk about. This world is filled with things to learn and think about and yet we will never have enough time to experience it all.  So much of our lives are wasted either doing pointless things of trying to find what is important in life. I hope that I am on the track for asking the right questions, looking in the right places and seeing what's important to my life as well as those around me. For now I like everyone else on this planet will struggle to understand it all and try to learn as much as I can from history and those around me. Hopefully on day I will be able to make my own generous contribution to society and create something great. Until then I search for myself. And so with that I bid you farewell and to lighten the mood I leave you with a video clip from a British show I love, The IT Crowd, that I think describes me well, and a video I find humorous based offa show called The Guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment