Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Human Canvas

So, I don't have a tattoo, but I have always admired really well done tattoos and their artists. I have slightly considered getting a tattoo, but I would only get one done by an amazing artist. I would pay through the nose for something really good because it's my actual body that is the canvas and I will carry around that art work for the rest of my life.  Needless to say I don't have one but I'm not inherently opposed to getting a tattoo.

In this post I would like to focus one one artisit in particular that I find amazing, Jeff Gouge. Seeing what he is able to do makes me actually really want a tattoo. I'll mostly be showing some really large full or half body tattoos. I would never want something that big but I majorly appreciate the art work and that some people have the guts to have that large of a tattoo on them. I really enjoy is style and technique of placing a tattoo correctly on a body. He knows how to draw a tattoo that will curve and fit onto the body perfectly because he understand how the body contours and thinks this out while he works on the drawing.























So, here is just a small showing of his art work. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and can appreciate his level of skill.

As a closing note, one of the art professors at my school that I have now had two classes with is currently showing an exhibit called Perseverance at the Japanese American National Museum in LA focusing on Japanese full body tattoos. Those tattoos are also extremely well done. Here is the website if any one is interested in checking it out.

http://www.janm.org/exhibits/perseverance/


No comments:

Post a Comment